Week 11: 3

Why I hate Saturn

At the beginning I really didn't like Anne, but she grew on me. I feel like we can all relate to her
to some degree. Small parts of all of us want to be tragic and interesting and fuckable. This piece
speaks to you on the most shallow and deep of levels. It brings up selfish issues (represented by
Anne) and grander, more soul searchy problems, brought up by the Queen of Saturn


Every Girl is the End of the World for Me

I really didn't enjoy this piece. It was boring, and there was barely a plot. There was no real
conflict, character development, or climax, unless you count the multiple instances of "will they
or won't they", which can be interesting but really isn't in this case.


Love and Rockets

I read two stories in this comic; one about punky teenagers from the 80s and the other about two
down and out men looking for work. The first was a little interesting, but I felt like the plot was moving too slowly and I felt uninspired to learn more about this group's dynamic. I think it's probably due to the fact it's a continuing story, evolving with each issue. The second story was complete,
and held an endearing message.

Comments

Popular Posts